- All Sessions are By Appointment Only. Please email or call me with your top 3 preferences and your contact information. You will hear from me within 24 hours, but probably alot sooner! Cancellation Policy is a 24 hour notice or a missed appointment fee of $35 may be applied.
- Forms of payment accepted: cash, check, paypal & all major credit cards. Payment and business is handled upfront and prior to any bodywork session. This is by design so that you can continue to stay in that “zen state” for as long as you can! And another benefit, you can easily create a self-care budget!
- Please plan for 10-15 minutes of discussion prior to the hands-on portion of our appointment and 10-15 minutes after for any additional issues or discoveries. (IE: Your appointment is at 3pm for a 90 min massage. You arrive at 3, the massage begins at 3:15 and ends at 4:45, you are floating out the door at 5)
- People ask me all the time about gratuity. Graciously appreciated, but completely optional! I would rather you schedule your next appointment with me than to budget for gratuity each and every session. And tell other people about me. Referrals are the very best gratuity!
- I do not handle Insurance Claims but can provide receipts of services if requested in advance.
- Before we begin your session, we’ll discuss what your goals are for the massage or Yamuna Body Rolling Session. Depending on your specific needs or requests, I will customize my treatment plan to meet those goals.
- Contraindications to Massage & YBR Bodywork: Massage & bodywork may not be advised for certain medical conditions, such as fever, which indicates an infection. If a session is potentially harmful to a client’s condition, the therapist has the right to decline the session. Payment can be applied to a rescheduled appointment.
This is a strictly non-sexual session. If any inappropriate behavior or comments are exchanged, the session will be ended immediately and client agrees to forfeit payment.
How to Prepare for your BodyWork Sessions
- Please arrive a few minutes prior to your session or class so we may review session goals. You may download the Intake Form HERE and complete it prior to your first appointment.
- Massage Therapy: Most massage sessions are performed with the client unclothed, however you are welcome to get undressed to the level of your comfort. Professional legal draping techniques are strictly adhered to, protecting your privacy and comfort. Each session is a combination of deep tissue, Swedish relaxation, lomi lomi, range of motion & intuitive stretching.
- Yamuna Body Rolling: please wear comfortable clothing, not too baggy as we will be rolling on balls and the less fabric, the better!
- The session is YOURS. Please let me know if anything needs to be adjusted, that includes the temperature, the music, the pressure, the lighting.
- Turn your cell phone off and tune out for awhile.
- I like to keep our sessions to minimal talking. I honor your time and I realize this may be the ONLY time you have for yourself to unwind and recharge. Besides, when you are talking, your brain is engaged and your muscles are receiving stimulation signals instead of relaxation signals. Of course tell me if something isn’t to your liking, but other wise, let’s keep ‘er quiet. Deal?
- Don’t come on a full stomach. You will probably just be uncomfortable. And that doesn’t jive with our goals!
Benefits of Massage & Yamuna Body Rolling
- relaxes the physical body and ignites circulation to stagnant areas
- loosens tight muscles and increases blood flow
- relieves tired and aching muscles, tendons & ligaments
- increases flexibility and range of motion
- diminishes chronic pain and breaks down scar tissue, organically
- calms the nervous system, encouraging deeper, more regenerative sleep
- lowers blood pressure & heart rate
- stimulates bone growth & nerve roots
- increases body awareness
- improves alignment
- expands the lungs and deepens breathing
- develops and maintains core strength
- improves the function of the entire body!
Nothing can replace the therapeutic benefits of touch therapy, but I understand that there are two major factors that limit most people’s ability to get frequent bodywork. Time and money. Want to know another way to keep yourself feeling great in your skin, regardless of your last massage? Yamuna Body Rolling. Yup, take a class or get a one-on-one private session, learn how to give yourself a massage and release those knots on your own with the Yamuna Balls! I want to share something with YOU, my clients, THAT REALLY WORKS so that you can continue on your path of optimal health no matter how much time has passed between massage sessions!