Skip to content
Did you know? Facts about JoBurg…
- Was born just over 120 years ago?
- It is a “gold rush” city, populated by gold-mines
- It is the largest & most populated city in South Africa
- It is the largest city in the world not built on or near a major water source
- Winter is the sunniest time of the year! In 3 weeks, I have not seen ONE cloud.
- Trees have been planted on what once was grassland, creating the world’s largest urban forest (more than 6 million trees!)
- The tap water rates among the cleanest in the world
- Both Nelson Mandela & Ghandi were imprisoned at the Old Fort Ramparts @ Constitution Hill
- The Nelson Mandela Bridge is the southern hemisphere’s longest cable-stayed bridge
- The history is complicated and beautiful all at the same time
- When people say, “My pleasure”, they mean it.